18-20 October 2023
The conference brought together power systems engineers, decision makers, economists, academics, students and others with interest in the power systems domain.
The 3rd edition of “Next Generation Network Contest” for young engineers offered the opportunity to BsC, MsC and PhD students to present their results (both theoretical and technological).
The main topics of RSEEC 2022 covered the:
1. State of the Technology for electrical networks of the future:
- Digital Substations;
- Power System, Electricity Highways;
- Interconnected Power Systems;
- Power Electronics, FACTS;
- New equipment, environment, sustainability;
- Active transmission and distribution networks;
- New concept in planning and operation;
- Hydrogen impact on grid planning.
2. Electricity-key factor for society development:
- Smart cities;
- Cyber security;
- Electrical transport;
- RES technologies;
- Energy storage;
- Energy efficiency.
3. Challenges in education of power system workforce:
- Education and training;
- R&D programs.
4. Green transition and clean technologies for power systems
5. Next Generation Network Contest
Key facts of RSEEC 2022 6th edition:
- 140 registered participants and a wide area of interest (public power sector, universities, power private sector, etc.), from national or international companies;
- 10 partners both from the industry and academia;
- 8 exhibitors with solutions and products for the power systems sector;
- 3 technical tutorials where sustainable and digital solutions were presented;
- 32 scientific papers presented;
- 2 days of full live broadcasting of the event;
- the 3rd edition of "Next Generation Network Contest" for BsC/ MsC and PhD students organised during the event.
The Organising Committee was delighted with overall success of the event and are thankful to CIGRE Central Office, the Technical Committee and all of our delegates, volunteers and partners.
We are looking forward to the 7th edition of CMDM in 2023 that will be held in Bucharest.