CIGRE International Symposium Muscat 2023
GCC CIGRE and Oman Electricity Transmission Company (OETC) proudly announce CIGRE - Muscat International Symposium to be hosted from 6th to 8th March 2023 at the Oman Convention & Exhibition Center, Muscat, Oman. The symposium will bring together international, regional, and local energy leaders and experts to discuss best practices and policies focused on power systems resilience, innovations, technologies, solutions, and sustainability efforts.
The three days event will offer unique networking opportunities and include plenary sessions, technical tutorials, panel discussions and workshops to discuss the power systems future.
In parallel to the event an exhibition will take place to provide a platform for power and energy companies to showcase their latest innovations, solutions and technologies and allow participants to further strengthen their professional network and build partnerships with key power and energy stakeholders locally, regionally, and internationally.
3 days full of informative sessions
The symposium focuses on recent researches, developments and policies related to transition to innovative, sustainable and resilient power systems. The symposium pro- vides an opportunity for experts, scholars and engineers to exchange knowledge about such technical and regulatory aspects during technical sessions.
PS1. Driving towards an enhanced system Sustain- ability, and Resiliency with increasing shares of Renewables
- Development of methods, models and analytic techniques to ensure resilience in future grids.
- Addressing the future challenges in gener- ating, transmitting and utilizing sustainable energy in an environmentally responsible manner, while improving business practices and operating efficiency, and enhancing reliability and power quality.
- Innovative solutions for a more exible power system, allowing for a higher, cost-e ec- tive integration and utilization of renewables
PS2. Innovations in Future Power Grids in Energy Storage, Electric Vehicles & Digitalization
- Evolution of Battery storage technologies and energy storage applications.
- Opportunities and challenges of digital transformation of utilities in improving the digitalization.
- Developing the usage of plug-in electric vehicles and emerging new concepts in transportation such as electric highways and the significant role of energy storage solutions for transportation.
PS3. Development in HVDC Grids and Multi-terminal HVDC
- HVDC Grid and Multi-terminal HVDC systems
- Development of medium voltage and low voltage DC systems
- Challenges of HVDC systems with long distance overhead line and cables.
Credit banner: Photo by Anfal Shamsudeen on Unsplash