By Rob Stephen, Editor in Chief of CSE
CIGRE provides a premier digital magazine, CIGRE Science and Engineering (CSE). Interested authors are encouraged to publish in this (Scopus registered) magazine.
This Scopus registered (E-ISSN 2426-1335) magazine provides the following benefits:
- Free publication – no financial obligation to authors.
- Free download – maximum exposure for authors’ work
- Rigorous review – reviewers are selected from the most knowledgeable experts globally by the Study Committee chairpersons.
- Rapid publication – the time from submission to publication can be from 6-9 months depending on the revisions required and availability in the CSE edition.
- Open access to all interested parties. Free download to all (you do not have to be a CIGRE member)
- Advertising of the most pertinent papers on LinkedIn and Twitter
The details as to the Scopus registration and the current rating of CSE are given below:
“CIGRE Science and Engineering, ISSN:2426-1335”. The journal is active and indexed in Scopus.
There are now 95 citations for 101 documents published an index of 0.9. This is up from 0.6 in 2021. The magazine also boasts a high impact as it is free download and reaches experts in over 90 countries belonging to the CIGRE community.
The recently published journal (January 2023) contains 16 of the best papers discussed at the recent CIGRE Paris Session held end August 2022. These papers have been thoroughly reviewed and selected prior to being included in the prestigious session. in addition, the Special Reporters and Study Committee Chairpersons selected the best paper from the over 800 papers accepted. The authors were then given the opportunity to update their papers based on the discussions held in the Session. As a result, the readers receive the latest information from the best paper in their particular area of interest.
In this latest (January) edition there are 16 papers, one for each Study Committee. These best papers cover the full scope of topics covered by CIGRE. Topics covered by these papers include:
- Operations of grid with high penetration renewable resources in both Transmission and Distribution environments.
- Protection, automation of MV/LV systems
- Sustainability assessment
- Asset monitoring and condition monitoring
- Design standards
- SF6 replacement considerations
The four of the most prominent papers will be advertised on LinkedIn and Twitter for free download. This provides the authors maximum exposure to their work with global impact.
CIGRE is aware that the papers do not appear as first selection in when using search engines. This is receiving attention and it is hoped that papers within the journal can be located using key words.
I would urge readers to reference articles published in CSE as these references are globally accepted.
If you would like to publish in this prestigious, Scopus registered, magazine please email rob.stephen((@))cigre.org.
All information on how to go about publishing can be found at cse.cigre.org