The theme of the Colloquium is “Recent Overhead Transmission Line Technologies and Environmental Measures”. The following three Study Committees will participate in this Colloquium:
- B2 — Overhead Lines
- C3 — Power System Environmental Performance
- C4 — Power System Technical Performance
We have a variety of programs, including technical sessions and social events.
On October 3rd, six tutorials related to B2/C3/C4 will be held. From October 4th to 5th, technical oral and poster sessions will be held during the two days of the Colloquium. Keynote speeches will be given during the Opening Ceremony and Special Sessions. The Welcome Party, Lunch and Coffee Break will be held for you to enjoy light refreshments and socialize with other Colloquium participants. The Exhibition will be held from the afternoon of October 3rd to 5th.
So far, over 110 synopses have been submitted and we expect a large number of these to become papers by July 21st, when final acceptance will be confirmed.
There will be a significant focus dedicated to the Next Generation Network and the Women in Energy throughout the session, with the following events already underway:
October 4th (afternoon): 1st NGN/WiE Forum (Presentation by each country). Theme: Integration of CIGRE & your work -Sharing & utilization of technical information in CIGRE-
- The overall purpose of this forum is to create opportunities for young engineers to exchange ideas and opinions, and to promote mutual interaction by including women engineers in the event. The NGN/WiE Forum will be held over two days, with presentations and discussions by young and women engineers on the first day, and lectures by CIGRE veterans on the second day. In addition, the NGN/WiE Forum will offer good opportunities to make and expand networks for engineers.
- The purpose of the forum on the first day is to give opportunities for young and women engineers to discuss and exchange their opinion interactively. NGN or WiE members from several countries will present their activities, the significance and merits of participating in CIGRE, NGN or WiE, and a brief introduction of their own work or research. At the end of the event, there will be an opportunity for discussion and questions from the audience to the presenters from each country.
October 5th (afternoon): 2nd NGN/WiE Forum (Keynote Speech). Message to young or female engineers from the experienced veterans of CIGRE.
- The purpose of the forum on the second day is to motivate young and women engineers for their future work and activities by having three veteran CIGRE members give career speeches or their experiences in CIGRE. At the end of the event, there will be a Q&A session where the audience will have an opportunity to ask questions to the veterans.
Registration for this event is still open, and can be accessed via this link.